- RSS Channel Showcase 2479884
- RSS Channel Showcase 5564943
- RSS Channel Showcase 2029160
- RSS Channel Showcase 9746359
Articles on this Page
- 06/26/13--07:58: _Favorite Virginia I...
- 07/08/13--11:32: _Shakespeare and Cha...
- 07/15/13--10:17: _5 Cool Exhibits to ...
- 02/18/14--12:19: _14 Things to Bring ...
- 05/14/14--06:51: _Discover Eight Natu...
- 06/19/14--12:10: _Hot? 26 Places to C...
- 06/27/14--06:25: _A Toast to Great Vi...
- 07/07/14--07:35: _Virginia’s Craft Be...
- 07/14/14--07:28: _30 Freshwater Swimm...
- 07/21/14--12:27: _Five Refreshing Sum...
- 06/26/13--07:58: Favorite Virginia Ice Cream
- 07/08/13--11:32: Shakespeare and Chalk: Virginia’s Art Festivals
- 07/15/13--10:17: 5 Cool Exhibits to Help You Beat the Heat
- 02/18/14--12:19: 14 Things to Bring with You on Vacation in Virginia
- 05/14/14--06:51: Discover Eight Natural Wonders of Virginia
- 06/19/14--12:10: Hot? 26 Places to Chill Out with a Great Milkshake
- 06/27/14--06:25: A Toast to Great Views! 18 Virginia Wineries for Outdoor Sipping
- 07/07/14--07:35: Virginia’s Craft Beer Pairs Nicely with Summer’s Bounty
- 07/14/14--07:28: 30 Freshwater Swimming Holes
- 07/21/14--12:27: Five Refreshing Summer Lake Getaways
It’s summertime and that means, well, quite a few things, but today it means ICE CREAM! We asked our Virginia travel and tourism partners to name their favorite ice cream parlor (for the benefit of our readers, of course), and nearly 40 recommendations rolled in. To get you started on your summer brain freeze tour, [...]
Kline's Dairy BarCarl's Frozen CustardPop's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Company
The excellent thing about art is that it comes in so many forms. Dance, drama, music, oil on canvas … and chalk. Another excellent thing about art is that Virginia has festivals dedicated to its many forms. Here are seven for your calendar consideration. Chalk the Walk ARTsplosion takes over three blocks of the Virginia [...]
Chalk the Walk ARTsplosion, Virginia BeachVirginia Lake Festival, Clarksville
When the temps climb higher, head for a fantastic new exhibit at a Virginia museum. They’re perfect destinations to beat the heat. Recently I had the pleasure of visiting and toying around the new Boost! exhibit at the Science Museum of Virginia in Richmond. Boost! is a test for all of us. A test of [...]
Sally Field wearing wardrobe designed by Joanna Johnston for Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN.
Every corner of Virginia offers an experience that you might be surprised to find. Don’t be caught off guard! Here’s your list of 14 things to bring with you on vacation in Virginia. 1. Cork Screw – Virginia has more than 230 wineries and quite a few wine trails. You’re sure to come across more [...]
The Barns at Hamilton Station VineyardsPierce’s Bar-B-Que PittHiking the Passamaquaddy Trail on Little Stony Man MountainNew River
No need to grab the passport for tours of the Seven Wonders of the World. We’ve got you covered. Virginia is home to many of the most well-known and sought-after outdoor landmarks in the country. So pack up the car and discover some of the Commonwealth’s eight natural wonders. LURAY CAVERNS – Luray, Va. Looking [...]
The Natural BridgeLake Drummond
It’s hot and getting hotter, so where can you find the best milkshakes in Virginia to help you cool off? Our trusty locals have come through again, this time with 26 appealing shake spots across Virginia. Have an affection for peanut butter? So do our locals, it seems. When evaluating the favorite flavors and specialty [...]
FenderzDoumar’s Cones and BarbequeSweet Things Ice Cream Shoppe
Virginia’s vineyards are beautiful, especially this time of year when the vines are heavy with luscious grapes. Savor the view while you also savor the vintage at these wineries boasting impeccable views. Their patios and decks are perfect for summer evening unwinding. Virginia Tourism staff were asked their favorite wine tasting room and tasting experience, [...]
Early Mountain VineyardsPippin Hill Farm & VineyardsWest Wind Farm Vineyard & WineryLittle Washington Winery
Fresh fruits and vegetables are the staples of summer in Virginia, as are signature, summer-only, craft beer. Why not pair the best of summer’s bounties? With the idea of great summer flavors colliding, we reached out to Virginia’s craft brewers to see what’s on tap this season and with which local foods they’d most likely [...]
Blue Mountain BreweryRusty Beaver “Top Down Summer Ale”Devil's Backbone Brewing CompanyClick here for a map of Virginia craft breweries.
Summer calls for a dip in the water, and we have fresh mountain streams and rivers that you’ll find most refreshing on a hot day. Our list has been compiled through various avenues of research, including tips from local residents. If they love these swimming holes, you’re sure to as well! If you are unfamiliar [...]
Dismal FallsDunlap Creek flows beneath Humpback Bridge.
Virginia’s lakes are excellent summer destinations for families, couples, friends, reunions … you name it! Take a few-day getaway to enjoy everything lakes have to offer. Tuck away into a private cove in a rental home, hit the water on jet skis, or swing the hours away in a waterside hammock. It’s your playground, find [...]
Bridgewater Marina, MonetaSmith Mountain Lake. Photo by Casey Higgins.Smith Mountain Lake. Photo by Casey Higgins.Smith Mountain Lake. Photo by Casey Higgins.Cooper's Landing Inn, ClarksvilleWaterskiing Kerr Lake. Photo by CameronDavidson@CameronDavidson.com.Occoneechee State Park. Photo by CameronDavidson@CameronDavidson.com.Night Fishing is unique to Kerr Lake. Photo by Scott K. Brown.Kindred Spirits, Spotsylvania